Tuesday, April 24, 2012

C- Controversial

Lady Gaga is one of the most controversial artists of today. In her music she writes about sexuality, sex, cheating, religion, and of course her fashion itself is controversial. "I have a strong sense of my own sexuality. I love the naked human body and I have huge body confidence."


In Gaga's song Pokerface, she makes it very clear that she is bisexual when she sings "cause I'm bluffin with my muffin." Lady Gaga was one of the first artist to come out through a song.  "The fact that I'm into women, they're all intimidated by it. It makes them uncomfortable." When this song came out in late 2008, I was just starting to come out to people and hearing this song made things a lot easier knowing that a star like Lady Gaga is as well gay. 


Monster is one of my favorite songs of all the albums, and that song is about the fear of sex. "I wanna dance but he took me home instead uh oh! There was a monster in my bed. We french kissed on a subway train, he tore my clothes right off. He ate my heart then he ate my brain. " This line shows how she gets used just for sex and no one actually loves her. Also in the song Love Game, she is ready to cheat and turn her relationship into a game. "I'm on a mission, and it involves some heavy touching, yeah 
you've indicated your interest, I'm educated in sex, yes
and now I want it bad, want it bad
a love game." 


Since Lady Gaga became famous, there were always rumors about her being a hermaphrodite, instead of letting that get her down she embraces the rumors. "I don't know if you've heard, but I have a pretty tremendous dick," it's obvious she doesn't but she won't let anything bring her down. 


The song Judas is one of the most controversial music video of the 2010's. She uses religion to refer to her relationship. "I wanna love you.. but somethings pulling me away from you, Jesus is my virtue and Judas is the demon I cling to," this line shows that she wants a good relationship, but she can not seem to get a way from the bad. Also in this music video she enters the scene on motorcycles riding with Jesus followed by the 12 disciples, including Judas. Throughout the video it shows how Judas is betraying Jesus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment